Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battery life

Recently Initiate
    Device
    K750
    Thanks
    to SHIDY 2007,
    i thnk dat its time 4 you to hav a new battery.
    I think dat there isnt a problem with charger,
    try with a new battery.

to ReCo61,
    hey i think its normal.
    For me am using my k750 only 2 days after charging fully,
    Last edited by expogreen; 10-22-2007 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waynemcbain View Post
    +1 cycle the battery about 5 times in a row and you'll se a noticable gain in performance.

I power cycle mine every time i get a chance and it helps a LOT

I still get a week of use out of a single charge on my 810i and I've had the phone since December last year

can you please tell further how to achieve the +1 cycle?

tia,

Device
    K790
    Thanks
    Actually, Li-Ion batteries have an average life of about 2 years. It's not because of memory effect so it can't be reversed. I'd say it's time for a new battery.

How much time the charge should last depends on how much you use it and what for. I say it's fine as long as it lasts until the next time you can charge it — I charge it overnight daily.

Charge-discharge cycles don't do any good to Li-Ion batteries, in fact it kinda hurts it to be below 30%. However it helps the calibration, so the accuracy increases and it seems to hold charge better.

Oh, and this life of about 2 years starts from the moment the battery is made at the factory, not the first charge, so try to avoid any new-old-stock or almost-new ones.

Device
    K770i
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rat1983 View Post
    Actually, Li-Ion batteries have an average life of about 2 years. It's not because of memory effect so it can't be reversed. I'd say it's time for a new battery.

How much time the charge should last depends on how much you use it and what for. I say it's fine as long as it lasts until the next time you can charge it — I charge it overnight daily.

Charge-discharge cycles don't do any good to Li-Ion batteries, in fact it kinda hurts it to be below 30%. However it helps the calibration, so the accuracy increases and it seems to hold charge better.

Oh, and this life of about 2 years starts from the moment the battery is made at the factory, not the first charge, so try to avoid any new-old-stock or almost-new ones.
    you are right, li-oins don't suffer from memory effect, so dischrage-fullcharge doesn't help, i do that all the time.

ni-cd batteries suffer from memory effect

and i charge the phone overnight every time

Device
    k800i
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shidi2007 View Post
    hi...
    i'm having problems with my phone battery. i'm using w300i phone. everytime i charged my phone about half an hour my phone will give massage 'charging error'. what can i do to solve this problem?? do i need to change the batt or the charger??

need help...thanx
    you might need to upgrade your phone's firmware, try upgrading using the SE update program if that problem still persists, then you'll have to flash the firmware's GDFS; which is a risky issue - especially if you have little experience with flashing phones.

I used to have that problem with my previous w800i phone but after flashing/patching the GDFS with a fix, it was charging back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by anghelush View Post
    you should try emptiing and fully charging it a few times and see what happens.
    isn't this a dangerous thing to do? if you have a SE phone, emptying on lithium-ion batteries is damaging; look at this forum link for more info.
    Last edited by naith_kk; 10-29-2007 at 05:49 AM. Reason: added charging comment

Device
    -
    Thanks
    I've been doing just like waynemcbain said, I have used my k750i nearly for a year now and i haven't noticed any kind of performance loss, when it comes to charge and voltage. Approximately five to seven days of use with stadard battery :)

Device
    N82
    Thanks
    Actually i guess is the charge cycle cause as i know Li-Ion can stand up 500 charges then it get started to defect. hmmm 500 charges which means should last 2 years unless u charge more than 1 time a day. Anyway besides that i believe is also part of firmware doing. For example now my W850i (R1KG001) consume more energy compare to the previous firmware. For later firmware i guess the most is 2 and a half days.

Recently Initiate
    Device
    -w810
    Thanks
    My battery on w810i with 2 hours music every day
    , live 3-4 days

Device
    -
    Thanks
    My phone battery doesnt cut it at all. In 3 days its flat with general use. so shit

Device
    K550i
    Thanks

Smile

To maintain battery life u need to do battery calibration sometime. When u use the phone, just left the barrety completely empty. Then charge it back in switch off mode until full. Do this in once in 3 or 4 months. And do not overcharge ur phone (leave it charge overnight) coz this will effect battery performance.

Nice day....:)

Thread Information